ABOUT TIVOLI BALLET SCHOOL
Tivoli Ballet School is located inside Tivoli Gardens with studios in the Concert Hall. It is easily accessible due to the vicinity of the Main Central Station, right in the heart of Copenhagen. The school was founded in 2012 with a vision to create a ballet school where the students would have the opportunity to participate in Tivoli Ballet Theatre’s performances.
Today Tivoli Ballet School offers programmes for all students: Pre-Ballet, Level 1-5, Bournonville classes and Pointe Classes as well as Contemporary Dance and Dance for PD. We also offer a Pre-Professional Ballet Programme for students aged 15-20 yrs considering a professional career. Students join us with or without prior ballet or dance training. Some students take ballet class as a recreational activity, others have a dream of pursuing a professional career in dance. Our intention for all students is to help them acquire skills applicable in the ballet studio as well as the class room through dance, whilst enjoying and exploring the artform.
Before enrolling in Tivoli Ballet School, it is possible to book a trial lesson with us. Please contact the school directly for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
STRUCTURE OF OUR CLASSES
Our youngest students start in the Pre-Ballet programme designed to develop the student’s general motor skills, agility levels and basic ballet technique. Students will be assigned into different levels from Micro to Maxi. In order to enable new students the best start at the school they will be assessed to see which level is most fitting for them.
From Level 1/ Niveau 1 we focus more on the correct positioning in ballet technique and strengthening of the various muscle groups as well as coordination and musicality skills. This will give our students the best start for their ballet training.
The Levels 1-5/ Niveau 1-5 are set up to assure a continuous learning curve, building our students’ technical and physical abilities as they progress through our syllabus. It is important for us that they are challenged, without compromising their quality of learning.
Anne Holm-Jensen Peyk, Artistic Director: Ballet, Pointe, Repertoire, Somatraining, ELDOA
Andrew Bowman: Ballet, Repertoire, Men’s technique, Pas de Deux, Body Conditioning
Karin Carrara: Pre-Ballet, Ballet, Pointe, Pantomime
Tina Højlund: Bournonville technique
Marie Trolle Bonnesen: Pre-Ballet
My Lindblad Szlavik: Contemporary
Marylise Tanvet-Olax: Contemporary
Tori Cooper: Dance for Parkinson’s Disease
Jennifer Wagstaffe: Dance for Parkinson’s Disease
Students from Tivoli Ballet School have many possibilities for performing. They are exclusively invited to audition for Tivoli Ballet Theatre productions such as Nutcracker and many other productions at the Pantomime Theatre and at Tivoli Concert Hall. Our students also perform in the Tivoli Gardens Parade during the summer season. The school also has its own performances at the Peacock Theatre inside Tivoli where open classes and student performances give our students the opportunity to develop their artistry. All performances at the Peacock Theatre are open to the visitors of the Tivoli Gardens.
– Week 27 Summer Camp (end June/ start July) for students aged 8 – 14. This summer camp is taught by Tivoli Ballet School permanent staff and ends with a performance on the iconic stage of the Pantomime Theatre.
– International Summer Intensive (end July/ start August) for students aged 12 – 20 with international guest teachers from renowned schools such as Canada’s National Ballet School, School of the Hamburg Ballet, Bolshoi Academy and University of North Carolina School of the Arts. Students from Level 4 and 5 will have the opportunity to enroll in this summer intensive as well as national and international students.
The students at Tivoli Ballet School receive an access card (in Danish: Skolekort) with benefits equal to TIVOLI WILD CARD providing them with unlimited access to Tivoli Gardens and the rides in the amusement park.
Our students have been accepted to the following schools:
- KHiO (Kunsthøgskolen i Oslo), Norway
- Royal Swedish Ballet School, Stockholm, Sweden
- Butler University, Dance Department, USA
- University of North Carolina School of the Arts, USA
- Royal Danish Ballet School, Copenhagen, Denmark
- School of the Hamburg Ballet John Neumeier, Germany
- English National Ballet School, London, UK
- San Francisco Ballet School, USA
- Codarts, University of Performing Arts, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst, Department of Contemporary and Classical Dance, Frankfurt a.M, Germany